Thursday, May 17, 2012

The bloody mess of the cross...

As I sat one day wondering everything away
I sat and watched the wonder of the cross.

I seen the cross, a bloody mess.
When I look to the cross, I see it empty,

But when I seen the cross,
today...
it was
different.

I look to the cross as an empty place,
But today what I seen
In amongst the bloody and tears
Was something strange.

Today the cross had many bags
Hanging off the wood
Open boxes sitting at the foot of the cross

I asked the Lord
What does this mean?
Lord, what do you want me to do?

Gently, he took me by the hand
Lord, where are we going?

His reply was nothing short of
beauty.

The day I died for you,
I took your all the baggage and
the boxes
filled with hurt.

I opened them up,
took out the pain.

But, Lord, did you leave the boxes empty I cried!
No, no my child.

I filled them with peace.
The bloody mess that I became?
It was so that you don't need to any more.

I sat one day wondering everything away
Gazing at the wonder of the cross.
That bloody mess, no longer empty.

That day I set down one more box.
Left it at the foot of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment