Friday, July 15, 2011

Numb

My arm is numb, my heart is numb. 
I've felt so daft, almost dumb. 
My tear stained face tells a pain filled story. 
My God is seeking his glory.
Temptation is high, reaching higher than the sky, yet all I want to do is cry. 


I can't bare for the world to see me like this...
I swear, I'm falling slowly into the abyss. 
Don't look at me when I cry. 
I'm holding on, not ready to die. 


Where have I gone? Is this real?
In these moments, I was never the one with a FAIL. 
Where have I gone? Where did I go? 
All this time... all this time, I wonder, did I bring this onto myself
all those years ago? 


My arm is numb, my heart is more numb. 
I felt so daft, truly dumb.
My tear stained face screams a pain filled story.
From MY story, is God really getting his glory?
Temptation is high, reaching higher than the sky,
yet all I can do is cry. 


Please don't look at me when I cry, 
I'm holding on, not ready to die. 
Coming to the end of this year, 
What I ask for are tears of hope, not tears of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment